Things to Do in / around Fredericksburg, TX
- Enchanted Rock (large granite outcropping) Climb to top and see forever. Great for hiking and picnicking,
- Pedernales Falls (The Pedernales River makes a long, gradual drop over rocks). Hiking, wading, picnicking, site seeing, relaxation in nature.
- Lady Bird Golf Course
(18-hole golf course with pro shop and Red Bird Grill)
- Numerous wineries and vineyards (wine tasting in natural setting)
Becker Vineyards, Bell Mountain Vineyards, Chisholm Trail Winery, Grape Creek
Vineyard, Fredericksburg Winery.
- Fredericksburg Herb Farm. Visit the beautiful herbs planted in shape of Texas Star under the large windmill. Shops for herb products including bath products, wines and vinegars plus candles. Visit the day spa for a massage and then a wonderful lunch on site.
- Wildflower Seed Farm. Stroll among the beautiful flower fields; experience the breathtaking color. Seeds used to provide color along Texas highways. You can purchase various plants, seeds, or just stop in the restaurant for a rest and refreshment.
- Fredericksburg Butterfly Ranch is active working ranch specializing in Monarch/natives
- Old Tunnel Bat Cave. Upper viewing deck open nightly/no charge
- Birding: Approximately 300 species of birds occur in the Texas Hill Country, where birding is great all year.
- Biking: The back roads are very desirable for riding in the scenic Hill Country.
- Horseback riding, hunting, and fishing are popular sports in the area.
- Museums: National Museum of the Pacific War (Nimitz Museum) right on Main Street is dedicated to those who served in the Pacific in WWII. This complex was formerly a hotel belonging to the grandfather of Admiral Chester Nimitz, who lead the Pacific Fleet and a native of Fredericksburg.
- Pioneer Museum Complex. Experience the rich German heritage of Gillespie County and Fredericksburg. The 3.5 acre complex contains priceless examples of buildings (home, country school, barn etc) and artifacts used by early pioneers.
- Vereins Kirche Museum in the center of Marketplatz on Main Street is a famous landmark of Fredericksburg.
- Fredericksburg National Historic District: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the district has more than 80 points of historic interest and significance. (Self-guided map available at Visitor Center.)
- Visit famous Luckenbach, Texas: Established as a trading post in
1849, it still celebrates the free spirit, unique events, and live music.
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Parks operated by National Park Service, where visitors see the ranch, birthplace of LBJ, the Texas White House, Johnson family cemetery, and much more
- Fredericksburg Art Galleries include Charles Beckendorf Gallery, Whistle Pic Gallery, Windberg Gallery, Art Attack, Fredericksburg Art Gallery and many more.
Restaurants / Cafes
The many restaurants / cafes in Fredericksburg provide lots of choices for
fine dining including:
- Caffe D'Oro Cappuccino
- The Hill Top Café
- The Navajo Grill
- The Rathskeller
- Peach Tree Tea Room
- Nest Restaurant
- Friedhelm’s Bavarian Restaurant
- Fredericksburg Brewing Company
- Many bakeries for great breads and sweets
- Many casual dining restaurants
- Many antique, specialty, and unique shops.